his Persantine Thallium Stress Test is now rescheduled for tomorrow morning. It was originally scheduled for two days after his IL2 started. Not good. This test will determine if his heart is strong enough to handle the rigors of IL2 and obviously must be run prior to the immunotherapy. Thank you Kim for your help. She actually bumped someone else to get him a spot in time.
We also have a date and time for his PICC line insertion . . . legitimately called a peripherally inserted central catheter, just so you know. This is how the IL2 will be delivered. I also talked to my bud Anthony, who is getting the ball rolling, in regards to their people talking to our people and making sure this is all covered insurance wise. Fun. Fun. Fun.
Next Monday, we are scheduled for his endoscopy so we can figure out what's going on with this gastritis thing. Especially since the IL2 can cause digestive problems on its own. The good thing is, they are ready to treat the symptom should they cause problems . . . or why this is all done in hospital.
The 9TS is hitting the gym every day and we are bulking him up food wise so that he is in the best possible shape to start the therapy.
So we are good to go. Inhale. Exhale. Breathe.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry I haven't been around much Jeanne. I just read all your updates and I am doubling up on my prayers for the two of you! I had no idea this stuff could be so complicated on top of being such a pain in the you know what.... he can do this! He will get better!
I read your earlier post about the new treatment but didn't have time to leave a comment. I thought I would let you know, if you haven't already seen it, that the April issue of Good Housekeeping has an article written by a woman about her experience with melanoma and immunotherapy.
And I am, of course, continuing prayers and sending positive thoughts your way!
Post a Comment