Saturday, December 11, 2010

he who cleans up rather well . . .

we attended a funeral this morning. The gentleman who owns the gym that the 9TS frequents, lost his precious wife to leukemia. She battled long and hard. Truth be known, her letting go was a blessing. The church was packed. Friends, relatives, fellow gym rats . . . so many people there to say goodbye. Sigh.

And of course we donned our Sunday best to pay our respects. The 9TS in a black suit and I in appropriate attire. I wanted a shot of the 9TS all duded up. He looked like he did when I first fell in love with him. All spiffy and wonderful. He was not in the mood.

After the service, we came home to change and headed out to lunch and to run some errands. Almost back, he muttered something about if I really wanted a shot of him dressed to the 9's, he would redress. You don't have to ask me twice. And so I got this:
But sneaked this in first:
but just so you recognize that this is still the 9TS, if I drop the camera just a little, you see this:

and just so you know, he really did wear a full suit to the funeral, dress sock and black shoes . . . it just was too much to ask for the after shots. *snort*

4 comments:

Sue said...

He is a VERY handsome man. Even when he's not duded up! (but don't tell him I said so. wouldn't want him getting a big head!)

And I'm sorry for your loss.

Kelli said...

I just love your family.

Anonymous said...

The 9TS is like a fine wine....you know the rest!!

Paula

HiHo, the Duck said...

Why is Daddy wearing his thumb ring on his wedding-ring finger?