Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ajo Kazoots Kazoo Marching Band, 4 July 2011 and other things . . .



This is my college friend, Muffet and her Kazoo playing friends, celebrating the 4th of July!!!
I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!

p.s. Muffet is the second red T-shirt in the line. Go Muffet!!!

 ***********************************************************************
 4.06

yep, we're ramping up the mileage.  My legs may fall off but it does a body good.  Back to eating less and moving more . . . day 6.  I am determined.  I am woman, hear me roar . . . well at least until I fall back into bed and whimper into my pillow.

***********************************************************************

my hair is now five days old and ripe with humidity and perspiration and other nasty things.  It needs a bath desperately and yet my caterpillar must remain dry.  Short of paying to have a wash and blow dry, I was pulling those filthy little hairs out in clumps looking for a solution.  And then Kidlet made me an offer I couldn't resist.  She would wash my hair in the tub with the sprayer.  YAY!


So there she is, wearing her boxer shorts and a T, barefoot dancing around in the tub while I knelt on the floor, head perched downward into the vast pot of porcelain.  Our spray head has enough water pressure that it does its own matching dance  . . .  think cobra in Ali Baba.  Soon I was awash with glorious white foam, getting a wonderful scrub under just right temperature water, all the while peeking at the kidlet's tip toeing shuffle.  She washed, rinsed, creamed, rinsed and I smiled like the Cheshire Cat.  Life is excellent when your kidlet doesn't mind getting half drowned doing you a favor.


Kidlet, you ROCK!!!!

1 comment:

Tinka said...

So awesome to have someone available to wash your hair when you can't. When I was 20, I dislocated my ankle and was in a cast for 6 weeks. My brother was the one who washed my hair for me until I got the cast off.