don't let the village idiot play with sharp knives.
A couple of weeks ago, mushroom man/child called the 9TS to see if he could practice on us for his new gig. He got a job selling Cutco. The 9TS quickly agreed. Gee thanks, sloth.
And so I quickly ran to my computer to see how good this stuff was or was not. Epinions rated it very highly. Pricey but 5* for the most part. The biggest disgruntlement seemed to be that they were too sharp. That should have been my first warning.
And so since none of our knives can cut their way out of a paper bag, we ordered two knives, a pair of kitchen shears and got a free whatchamcallit.
They arrived a couple of days ago and sat around until I decided to pick them up, wash them and get them stashed away. The first time I touched a blade lightly to my skin, I thought to myself, OK not too sharp, but of course not being suicidal, I didn't press hard at all. And then I looked down and saw the trickle of blood. Hummm.
These things evidently were dangerous to the dimwitted. After reading the instructions which recommended hand washing, I set carefully to work with a sponge and some hot soapy water. It was the second knife that got me. Slipped sideways out of my hand and clipped not only my palm but also the inside of my middle finger. Gusher!!!!
After dinner tonight, being very careful to play nice with the nefarious knife, I went to scrub the stove top with the sponge, only to find it nearly severed in half with just a quarter of inch of material keeping it from a complete amputation. GAH!!!!
I dug the cardboard guards out of the packing box I had marked for the dumpster and carefully replaced them on each blade.
The 9TS and I very well may have matching digits if this keeps up.
*******************************************************************
2.00 (+-) Went for speed rather than mileage.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HMMM. Are you now cooking with your toes??????
WC
Post a Comment