Wednesday, July 27, 2011

so there we were . . .

happily noshing on corned beef and cabbage . . .  the 9TS, Kidlet and I, when Kidlet exclaims, "Holy Smokes!!!"  Look in the tree, there's a raccoon.  Well, really that isn't so surprising.  Behind the pool is an easement of woods and it is home to possums, coons, snakes, feral cats, and various and sundry other critters.  We see them all the time.

But Kidlet's voice was an octave higher and she was pointing to the tops of the far trees . . .  those engulfed in kudzu.  Glasses on, I got up from the table and peered out the sliding glass doors.  Nothing.  Kidlet kept giving my eyes directions.  There on the very top of a tree, out on the kudzu was a rather obese coon.  But wait, it wasn't a raccoon, it was kudzu shaped like an animal head.  Silly Kidlet.

She was insistent as only Kidlet can be.  "Go grab your camera mom and take a shot from the loft."  Obligingly, I did, but only because I had already finished stuffing my face with cabbage, corned beef, rye bread and butter.

It took me a minute to focus on the right area.  It's a jungle out there:
Sorry for the flash reflection, we had a storm coming in.  Do you see it?   Need some help?  Here is what my eagle eyed Kidlet spied:
and once again!!!
The vines are actually thick enough to hold this porker way out on the limb.

And that folks, was our dinner time entertainment.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm corned beef and cabbage!(I think I'm just gonna come live at your cave. You eats some good schtuff!)

I saw the coon too!