Sunday, July 24, 2011

miles, animals, nooks and other fancy things . . .

2.11.   I didn't want to push it with new sneaks, not to mention ungodly humidity.  When you walk a lot, boredom is sure to set in at some point . . . especially when taking the same old paths.  And so, we started counting animals:  three dogs, three cats, two armadillos and a hawk.  Not bad for 2.11.  Today I will be the 10th animal . . . a sloth and drift around the pool, paperback in hand.

Speaking of books, I have a woeful tale.  The other night as the 9TS wandered from room to room in the wee hours of the morning, trying to feel comfortable in his own sloth skin, he put my laptop on the highboy on top of a pile of clothing.  Not good because apparently, it lost its balance and came crashing four feet down.  Wide awake, I booted it up and found that my Mac was sturdy indeed.  No harm, no foul.  Back to bed.  Come the following afternoon, I turn on my Nook and discover that a half inch of screen is all blurred out.  Can't read the bottom line of each page and the page numbering was MIA.  Hum.  Rebooting it didn't work.  Neither did taking out the battery, waiting for it to reset.  Grrrrr.  Down in the kitchen I am still mumbling and grumbling about electronics that don't make it past the first year of life and also that I had opted not to pay for the warranty . . .  when the 9TS blurts out that the Nook was on top of the laptop in the great crash of July 2011.  He offered to buy me another.  I am now the proud owner of a new Nook with warranty and the nice woman at B&N said it looked like something had been dropped on it.  My Nook sacrificed its life for my Mac.  Awwwww!

No comments: